Terms and Conditions of selling an item at Dressplace Wedding and Special Occasion Dress Agency (Dressplace).
To ensure that every seller is aware of the terms and conditions of selling items through Dressplace please read the details below. If you have any queries please call Helen on 01636 814343.
Store Specific Terms
- Refund Policy
- Buyer and Seller terms
- Delivery & Returns
Classified Ad Specific Terms
- Advertising Fees
- Guidence Notes
Store Specific Terms
Terms and conditions of buying an item at Dressplace These are the terms which describe the basis for purchases made by you the customer described here as ' The Buyer' and Dressplace is described herewith as 'The Seller'.
1. Dressplace will act as your Agent to sell your bridal and special occasion dresses and accessories and will agree the sale price for each item with the seller. This will be detailed in the contract to be signed by Dressplace and the seller. Dressplace will endeavour to pass customer comments regarding price, back to the seller, so that the sale price can be amended if required. You warrant that you are the owner of all items given to Dressplace for sale.
2a. Dressplace accepts designer bridal wear, mother of the bride or groom outfits, evening gowns, elegant day wear and accessories, except underwear, that are no more than 2 years old. The seller will endeavour to supply accurate information regarding the sale item by completing the registration form, and providing proof of purchase where possible. In the absence of an original receipt a photograph of the owner wearing the item will be acceptable. If the item is unworn details of the place of purchase will be required. Please note Dressplace does not accept items bought from any Internet sites including eBay or Preloved. The seller’s details are strictly confidential and will not be given to any third parties.
b. All items must be in as new or immaculate condition and must be clean throughout with no stains or blemishes or tainted by smoke or other odours. Buttons and zips should all be intact and working properly and collars and cuffs must be in excellent condition. Dressplace reserves the right to refuse to accept for sale any item which it feels does not meet these standards. Sale items (particularly wedding dresses) must be in excellent condition and presentable for sale. All worn dresses need to have been dry cleaned, and proof maybe required. If a dress (worn or unworn) needs to be dry cleaned Dressplace offers a specialist wedding dry cleaning service at competitive prices. Dry cleaning fees must be paid up front at the time of acceptance. Typical prices are £75 to £100 for wedding dresses, £20 for evening dresses and £30 for Mother of the Bride outfits. For more details call Helen 01636 814343.
3a. Items proposed for sale should be brought into the shop during its business hours by appointment only. Business hours are 10am until 5pm Monday through Saturday. Saturday appointments are only available after 4pm. Alternatively it is possible to post or courier your items to the shop. Please see section 3b below.
b. Items that are posted to Dressplace should be carefully boxed and sent by recorded delivery. Before sending please email a photo to Helen@dressplace.co.uk to ensure it is suitable for displaying in the shop. If in doubt Helen would welcome a call to talk it through with you, this will save unnecessary postal costs. Then download and complete the Sellers Contract Form and include with the item/s. We also recommend postal insurance as we cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss of items in transit. We will confirm successful delivery by email. However, if, upon receipt, sale item(s) are found not to be in ‘as new’ condition, Dressplace reserves the right to return the item to the seller at their expense.
4. Dressplace will give you at the time of acceptance of any item for sale a Sellers Contract containing a receipt for the items, a note of their condition, the agreed selling price and an acceptance of these terms and conditions. The selling price will have VAT added at the point of sale. There is an administration fee of £5 (non refundable) per outfit to be paid at the time of acceptance. (An outfit includes accessories). If the item has been posted the admin is waived to help towards postal costs.
5. Dressplace will retain the items for sale in its shop for a period of 3 months (6 months for bridal wear). Dressplace shall retain 50% of the sale proceeds as its commission. The 50% balance of the sale proceeds will be paid to the seller on Dressplace’s next monthly payment date, either by cheque or bank transfer, as long as the sale has cleared or does not need refunding. Withdrawal: If the seller wishes to withdraw the item(s) from sale before the end of the contractual period, a fee of £50 will be charged, plus appropriate return delivery costs where required. The item(s) will be returned to the seller within 7 working days of the fee being received and cleared by the bank.
6. All items left with Dressplace for sale remain the property of the seller (owner) until sold and are left at the owner’s risk. Dressplace does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of any type to the items so left with it. Dressplace does not accept any responsibility for items lost or stolen whilst in its possession. Sellers should make their own insurance arrangements to cover loss or damage to any items if they so wish. Dressplace will endeavour to maintain the items in their original condition and will ensure that they are handled with the utmost care by potential buyers. However, Dressplace does not insure the items and in all cases cannot be held responsible for any blemishes that arise from the items being handled/tried on. Dressplace cannot store seller's original Bridal bags or boxes, but all dresses are stored in protective dress bags whilst in our possession.
7. After the period of 3 months (or 6 months for bridal wear) referred to in Condition 5 above has expired the contract may be reviewed and extended if Dressplace and the seller are in agreement, if not then any unsold items must be collected by the seller within 14 days of that date. If an item is not collected by a seller within 14 days of being contacted by telephone or email then the item/s becomes the property of Dressplace and will be donated to a local charity shop.
8. When purchasing a dress directly from The Seller's Shop all items are sold as seen and not refundable.
9. The buyer will pay for the item(s) by cash or credit/debit card. If paying by credit card there will be a 2% surcharge to cover costs. There is no additional charge if using a debit card. Payment by cheque is not accepted.
10. The sale agreement will be signed by the buyer and Dressplace, and will be issued as a receipt.
11. Refunds: Dressplace will not accept responsibility for items with faults that were identified at point of sale, or would have been evident during reasonable inspection of the item. This does not affect your statutory rights.
12. Prices do not include charges for delivery, which are quoted apart.
13. We always try to make sure that the prices on dressplace.co.uk are accurate, but occasionally errors or price changes may occur. We reserve the right at any time to revise prices to account for any increases in costs, including the increase or imposition of any duty, tax, levy or exchange rate variation. We will take all reasonable steps to notify you of any relevant revision of prices before processing your order.
14. Every order placed on our website is, to the best part of our knowledge, 100% safe and secure.
15. We accept all major credit and debit cards, as well as payments via PayPal balances.
16. You DO NOT need a PayPal account to shop with us. PayPal are merely a safe and secure payment provider we use to process our transactions.
17a. Delivery & Returns - Below you'll find information and prices for all our delivery options. If you have a question about our delivery or returns service, and if you cannot find an answer below, please feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements.
b.Mainland United Kingdom
- All orders will be dispatched via courier on a three day delivery at a standard rate of £9.99
- All orders will need a signature upon delivery.
c. EU European Orders
- For orders to EU European destinations and International orders (outside EU) a price will be provided on request.
- Please allow at least 3 working days for your order to arrive.
- If you haven't received your order after this time has passed please email us as soon as possible and we will look into this for you.
d. Returns & Exchanges Information
- Items must be returned with 7 working days in pristine condition, with the original security tags intact. Any item that is not in pristine condition or does not have a security tag attached, will not be eligible for a refund. The buyer will be responsible for the cost of retuning items to them. Any item that has not been collected within 21 days will become the property of Dressplace.
- In the unlikely event that an item is faulty we will of course refund you for the item and all postage costs incurred. Please make sure that you have enclosed either a copy of your order, or your name with order number inside the parcel.
- All returns are the responsibility of you, the sender. We recommend using a recorded service when sending anything to us. We will not be held responsible for any returns not received by ourselves.
- Please send any returns to Dressplace 48 Westgate, Southwell, Nottinghamshire NG25 0JX United Kingdom, making sure to securely package anything
you are returning to us.
18a. Classified Ad specific terms, by completing and submitting a classified advert to Dressplace, sellers agree to the following:
b . Dressplace cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies in the content of the adverts or fraudulent use of the service. The seller is solely responsible for the accuracy of the content of the advert, and that any disputes will be handled solely by the seller.
c. Dressplace reserves the right not to post an advert if the content is inappropriate or suspicious.
d. Dressplace will be kept informed of any changes to contact details, and told when the item has sold, so that the advert can be removed from the site.
e. The seller has read and understood Dressplace’s terms and conditions relating to Classified Adverts.
f. Dressplace does not charge commission or referral fees for Classified Adverts, just a small fee for advertising a private sale on the website. Therefore, all proceeds from a sale go directly to the seller.
19. Advertising Fees:
Payments are made through PayPal
|"Featured Classified" Front Page Advert for Wedding Gown for the 1st month
|Mother of Bride/Groom Outfit
|Hat, Fascinator, Tiara,
Bolero, Shrug, Veil
Shoes & Bags
20. Payment can be made by PayPal. Your advert will be posted on the website as soon as the funds have cleared. Once the advert appears on the site, no refunds will be given, but changes can be made at no extra cost.